New York News
Victim's sketch re-released in 2011 Brooklyn cold case murder
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are making a revamped effort in a 2-year-old cold case in hopes someone will come forward with new information.
Detectives were reportedly inspired by the breaks in the Baby Hope case, and they're hoping that people will take another look at the information they do have and hope that someone will be able to help them track down a killer.
The unidentified body of a young woman was found along Gravesend Bay in July of 2011, and police have re-released a sketch of the victim.
The body was found stuffed in a black plastic bag put into a rolling cart, then dumped on the rocks along the shoreline in the Bath Beach section.
She is described as being 18 to 25 years old with brown, curly hair, standing about 5-foot-7 and weighing 150 pounds. She was found wearing size 7 "Only You" jeans with a heart stitched on the back pocket and a black sleeveless top.
Police say the first step is to identify the woman, to give her a name, and then they can start to investigate who might have killed her.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bath beach, brooklyn news, body found, murder, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 23 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion 21 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings 15 min ago
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured 50 min ago
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
23 min ago
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
10 min ago
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in...
15 min ago