New York News
Bronx apartment building fire leaves elderly man critical
MELROSE (WABC) -- An elderly man is in critical condition after a fire in an apartment building in the Melrose section of the Bronx early Wednesday.
The fire broke out just before 6 a.m. on East 162nd Street.
The 86-year-old victim was pulled form the third floor of the building. He was unconscious in the street as rescuers worked on him, and he was rushed to Lincoln Hospital in critical condition.
Neighbors said the man was a hoarder and the apartment was cluttered.
Firefighters were able to quickly get the flames under control.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, melrose, bronx news, fire, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos