New York News
Manhattan cold case murder suspect seen in new video
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have released new video of the suspect wanted in connection with the 2011 cold case death of an 83-year-old Manhattan man.
Authorities responded to a 911 call of an assault on West Street around 1:30 p.m. on April 29, 2011. Inside the apartment, they found Joseph Sibilla, who had been attacked and robbed of his wallet.
EMS responded and transported Sibilla to Beth Isreal Hospital, where he died 11 days later.
The suspect is described as a black male, 35 to 50 years old, approximately 5-foot-7 with a thin build. The new video shows the suspect walking prior to the attack.
Sibilla was described as a man who was interested in everything, and neighbors said he did not let age or his walker get in the way of living a full life.
"When I heard about the mugging and the attack, it was like, this guy, if you pushed him with one finger he would have fallen down," neighbor Christina Britton Conroy said at the time. "He was so frail. So why would anybody needed to beat him up?"
Conroy served with Sibilla in a church group that performs at local senior centers. She said though he used a walker, it never stopped him from participating or from offering help when and where needed.
"Joe was the kind of guy you want everybody in the world to be," she said.
Authorities also released new surveillance video of Sibilla from that day. Click here to see the video.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1 800 577 TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, robbery, murder, manhattan news, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 25 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 28 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining 53 min ago
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 48 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
30 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
13 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos