New York News
Manhattan cold case murder suspect seen in new video
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have released new video of the suspect wanted in connection with the 2011 cold case death of an 83-year-old Manhattan man.
Authorities responded to a 911 call of an assault on West Street around 1:30 p.m. on April 29, 2011. Inside the apartment, they found Joseph Sibilla, who had been attacked and robbed of his wallet.
EMS responded and transported Sibilla to Beth Isreal Hospital, where he died 11 days later.
The suspect is described as a black male, 35 to 50 years old, approximately 5-foot-7 with a thin build. The new video shows the suspect walking prior to the attack.
Sibilla was described as a man who was interested in everything, and neighbors said he did not let age or his walker get in the way of living a full life.
"When I heard about the mugging and the attack, it was like, this guy, if you pushed him with one finger he would have fallen down," neighbor Christina Britton Conroy said at the time. "He was so frail. So why would anybody needed to beat him up?"
Conroy served with Sibilla in a church group that performs at local senior centers. She said though he used a walker, it never stopped him from participating or from offering help when and where needed.
"Joe was the kind of guy you want everybody in the world to be," she said.
Authorities also released new surveillance video of Sibilla from that day. Click here to see the video.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1 800 577 TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, robbery, murder, manhattan news, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos