New York News
Bronx police shooting ends with suspect in custody
BRONX (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating a police pursuit that involved shots fired in the Bronx early Friday.
The incident happened at began Rochambeau Avenue and East 206th Street in the Norwood section around 5:30 a.m. It ended near the intersection of Mosholu Parkway and Bainbridge Avenue at around 5:30 a.m.
The suspect was injured in the hand, and it was initially thought that he had been shot. But doctors determined at the hospital that the officers missed.
He is in custody and charges are pending.
A weapon, believed linked to the suspect, was recovered at the scene.
It was not clear what sparked the police chase.
Police searched the area but did not believe there were any more suspects.
A police helicopter hovered over the scene for about an hour.
Several other officers were being checked out for minor injuries.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, norwood, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 35 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams