New York News
Nanny in Manhattan fatal stabbing of kids due in court
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The nanny accused of fatally stabbing two children in her care on the Upper West Side of Manhattan is due in court Friday.
Police say Yoselyn Ortega killed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother Leo last October in the family's apartment. A judge ruled she is fit to stand trial, although the defense claimed she is delusional and unable to understand the charges against her. Earlier this month, parents Marina and Kevin Krim announced on the Facebook page dedicated to their children that they have welcomed a baby boy.
"We are very excited to share with you that Felix Harrison Krim, all 8 pounds, 10 ounces, and 21.5 inches of him, arrived today. Marina, Felix and all of us are healthy and happy. Thank you all so much for your support!"
The Krim's first announced the pregnancy on their Facebook page and are also holding a benefit to honor their children through their foundation next month.
For more information please visit: https://www.facebook.com/lululeofund
Ortega has pleaded not guilty to murder.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, baby, child killed, upper west side, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 50 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 47 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 51 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 45 min ago