New York News
Injured nun returns to convent after arson
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A nun returned home to her convent Friday night, the same place where a fire was deliberately set.
The fire forcing her to jump from the burning building.
Sister Regina Gegic had on a back brace and needed a walker for support Friday morning at the Daughters of Divine Charity Convent on Staten Island.
She broke her back in the jump nearly two weeks ago.
Three men have been charged with arson.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island, arson, fire, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation