New York News
Police say man had loaded rifle in bag at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Tennessee man has been arrested after police say he checked luggage containing a loaded rifle and other weapons at Kennedy Airport.
Keenan Draughon was arrested Saturday morning at a security checkpoint trying to board a flight to Charlotte, N.C., after Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police found the weapons.
Police spokesman Joseph Pentangelo says Draughon also had two pistols, a defaced rifle, and a high-capacity magazine, which is illegal in New York.
U.S. Transportation Security Administration rules allow only unloaded weapons in checked luggage. No weapons are allowed in carry-on luggage.
Pentangelo says the serial numbers on the two rifles were defaced.
The 23-year-old Clarksville man was being held pending an arraignment. He is charged with three felony counts of criminal possession of weapons.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, jfk international airport, airport security, new york city, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run 51 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control 13 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
42 min ago