New York News
Police say man had loaded rifle in bag at JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Tennessee man has been arrested after police say he checked luggage containing a loaded rifle and other weapons at Kennedy Airport.
Keenan Draughon was arrested Saturday morning at a security checkpoint trying to board a flight to Charlotte, N.C., after Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police found the weapons.
Police spokesman Joseph Pentangelo says Draughon also had two pistols, a defaced rifle, and a high-capacity magazine, which is illegal in New York.
U.S. Transportation Security Administration rules allow only unloaded weapons in checked luggage. No weapons are allowed in carry-on luggage.
Pentangelo says the serial numbers on the two rifles were defaced.
The 23-year-old Clarksville man was being held pending an arraignment. He is charged with three felony counts of criminal possession of weapons.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, jfk international airport, airport security, new york city, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 34 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 44 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 32 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized 15 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos