New York News
Bronx fire: 8 people, including 5 firefighters injured in Bronx blaze
NORWOOD (WABC) -- Eight people, including five firefighters were injured in a fire in the Bronx Sunday evening.
The moment firefighters arrived they knew this was a situation that required a lot of manpower and machines to get the upper hand on the fire that reached four alarms.
The fire started in a vacant building on 2860 Valentine Avenue in the Norwood section. The fire eventually spread to two adjacent homes where multiple families were living.
Christine Sabater says she was amazed at how quickly the fire moved.
"It was spreading to the other house, and to the other house, and then the wires caught fire. It was crazy," says Sabater.
Everyone inside those two burning homes made it out, but most wearing only the clothes on their backs. Peaches Brown says she lost everything.
"I'm so frustrated. We don't save anything," said Brown.
It took 180 firefighters to get the flames under control, and eventually out.
5 firefighters were injured, and one was rolled away. The others were wounded, but were walking around. 3 residents also have minor injuries.
The Red Cross is helping displaced residents.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, firefighter injured, fire, new york news
- Americans on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight ID'd 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 15 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing Malaysia...
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos