New York News
Queens woman sexually assaulted after bus ride
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 24-year-old Queens woman who was on her way home from a Halloween party early Friday was attacked by a man who attempted to sexually assault her.
"He was saying stop fighting before you die," said Su Wei, the victim's roommate.
Those chilling words didn't stop the Queens College student from fighting back.
"She actually bite his hand so she could scream out and get help," Wei said.
The predawn screams caught the attention of a Good Samaritan around 5:30 Friday morning who scared the suspect off.
Police say a man started following the young Taiwanese woman home from a bus stop near 152nd street and Melbourne Avenue in Flushing.
"The woman is on a bus and the individual, the ultimate perpetrator, is on the bus with her," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said. "She gets off the bus and he punches her in the head and attempts to drag her into, into the bushes."
"The injuries are on the neck, forehead, and the cheek," Wei said.
Su Wei says she chose not to go to the Halloween party with her roommate, who was dressed as a maid.
She says when the suspect threw her roommate down, struggling to remove her jacket and undergarments, he punched her in the face and choked her until a neighbor scared off the attacker.
"She's very tired and upset and kind of calmed down," Wei said.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, flushing, sexual assault, new york news, darla miles
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 4 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus 11 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall