New York News
Local airports feel impact from LAX shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Stepped up patrols and some flight delays are being experienced at JFK following the shooting at LAX.
During the height of the afternoon rush at JFK, Port Authority Police patrols were more visible, keeping traffic and people moving.
Port Authority officials are also assuring the public: "Our stepped up patrols will not impact flight operations, however, passengers should check with their individual carriers for any delays that may be a result of the grounded activity at LAX."
The ripple effects are now being seen. The FAA has issued a national ground stop or hold for all arriving flights that have not departed from their originating airports.
JetBlue, based at JFK also flies into the terminal where the shooting took place.
For passengers the news was unsettling.
Even those who are in and out of the airport for business can't help but wonder what would make someone do such a thing.
JetBlue employees based in New York were no doubt concerned about their fellow workers out in the LAX terminal where the shooting took place.
Word is that all those employees are safe and accounted for.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, jfk international airport, shooting, new york news, tim fleischer
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014