New York News
Bronx nursing home resident found dead after assault report
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An investigation is under way Saturday after a man was found dead following a report of an assault at a nursing home in the Bronx.
The incident happened inside the Bainbridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center on Bainbridge Avenue in the Norwood section around 8 p.m. Friday.
Police say officers who arrived at the 200-bed facility found the 72-year-old victim lying unconscious in his bed with a wire hanger around his neck.
The man was declared dead on the scene.
The medical examiner's office will determine the cause of death.
Earlier Friday, a 66-year-old man was arraigned on a murder charge in the beating death of his 71-year-old roommate inside a Queens nursing home. Police say that beating, on Wednesday, came after the two argued over a curtain separating the beds.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, norwood, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash