New York News
Bronx nursing home resident found dead after assault report
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An investigation is under way Saturday after a man was found dead following a report of an assault at a nursing home in the Bronx.
The incident happened inside the Bainbridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center on Bainbridge Avenue in the Norwood section around 8 p.m. Friday.
Police say officers who arrived at the 200-bed facility found the 72-year-old victim lying unconscious in his bed with a wire hanger around his neck.
The man was declared dead on the scene.
The medical examiner's office will determine the cause of death.
Earlier Friday, a 66-year-old man was arraigned on a murder charge in the beating death of his 71-year-old roommate inside a Queens nursing home. Police say that beating, on Wednesday, came after the two argued over a curtain separating the beds.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, norwood, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013