New York News
Upper East Side jewelry store robbers caught on tape
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for a pair of robbers who struck at a jewelry store on the Upper East Side of Manhattan Sunday afternoon, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened at Travers Fine Jewelry, located at 962 Madison Avenue, just after 4:30 p.m.
The two men threatened the employees with hammers before removing several pieces of jewelry from the display cases worth an estimated $15,000.
Several employees, including one brandishing a chair, attempted to stop the suspects and chased them from the location.
No injuries were reported.
The first suspect is described as a male standing approximately 5-foot-9 and weighing 165 pounds. He was wearing a black jacket and ski cap.
The second suspect is approximately 6-foot-2 and weighs about 200 pounds and wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, manhattan news, upper east side, robbery, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 18 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos