New York News
Ex-New York City Mayor David Dinkins released from hospital
NEW YORK -- Former New York City Mayor David Dinkins has been released from the hospital after treatment for pneumonia.
The 86-year-old Dinkins was admitted to NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital on Oct. 30. He was released Wednesday night.
An aide says doctors ordered bed rest for Dinkins for the next 10 to 14 days.
His law partner and adviser Peter Johnson Jr. said earlier this week that Dinkins had made "a dramatic turnabout from where he was" when he was admitted.
Dinkins was the first black mayor of the nation's largest city. The Democrat served one term, from 1990 to 1993.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens 30 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 15 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian...
30 min ago
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
32 min ago