New York News
Violent Brooklyn gas station robbery caught on camera
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A violent robbery at a gas station convenience store in Brooklyn was caught on camera, and police are hoping the disturbing surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The video shows the customer jump over the counter, rough up the clerk and threaten to do much worse.
The incident happened around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at a BP gas station on Flushing Avenue in the Bushwick section.
The location has 15 cameras inside and outside the store, and customers can see themselves on a monitor the moment they walk through the front door. It would seem that would be a deterrent to crime. But that wasn't the case in this robbery.
The suspect, described only as a white male, approached the counter with a six-pack of beer, hopped over the counter and forced the terrified clerk to open the register at knifepoint.
"Crazy man, looked like he's crazy," said the clerk, who was alone at the time. "I say, 'Easy man, what do you want?' He said, 'Open the register. Otherwise I kill you! I kill you!' He pushed me and hit me in my arms and come over and open the register. He's hyper. He's very crazy. He said, 'I kill you! I kill you!'"
He fled the scene with an undetermined amount of cash.
The clerk was not injured.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bushwick, brooklyn news, robbery, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ