New York News
Violent Brooklyn gas station robbery caught on camera
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A violent robbery at a gas station convenience store in Brooklyn was caught on camera, and police are hoping the disturbing surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The video shows the customer jump over the counter, rough up the clerk and threaten to do much worse.
The incident happened around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at a BP gas station on Flushing Avenue in the Bushwick section.
The location has 15 cameras inside and outside the store, and customers can see themselves on a monitor the moment they walk through the front door. It would seem that would be a deterrent to crime. But that wasn't the case in this robbery.
The suspect, described only as a white male, approached the counter with a six-pack of beer, hopped over the counter and forced the terrified clerk to open the register at knifepoint.
"Crazy man, looked like he's crazy," said the clerk, who was alone at the time. "I say, 'Easy man, what do you want?' He said, 'Open the register. Otherwise I kill you! I kill you!' He pushed me and hit me in my arms and come over and open the register. He's hyper. He's very crazy. He said, 'I kill you! I kill you!'"
He fled the scene with an undetermined amount of cash.
The clerk was not injured.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bushwick, brooklyn news, robbery, new york news
- Bronx sweep nets dozens of suspected gang members 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 47 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area 42 min ago
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 25 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos