New York News
Grand jury indicts 11 bikers in SUV assault
NEW YORK -- A grand jury has indicted 11 bikers, including an undercover New York City police detective, on various charges related to a motorcyclist-SUV highway melee.
The indictment Friday says undercover detective Wojciech Braszczok was charged with gang assault, criminal mischief, riot and other counts.
Prosecutors have said Braszczok participated in the Sept. 29 attack by shattering the SUV's back window. He was off duty at the time. Attorney John Arlia didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.
Police say that after the SUV driver bumped a bike that had slowed in front of the vehicle, motorcyclists converged on the vehicle. Police say the driver, while trying to get away, ran over a biker then motorcyclists caught up with the driver and beat him. The driver hasn't been charged.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Bayside home invasion leaves 2 elderly residents hurt 2 min ago
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos