New York News
2 arrested in alleged sex assault at barbershop
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A young Hassidic teenager was the victim, police say, of sexual assault in Brooklyn at a barbershop.
Two men are now under arrest, including the owner of the barbershop.
They let Eyewitness News inside but no would talk at the Boro Park Barbershop in Brooklyn.
Eyewitness News walked in looking for the shop's owner, 77-year-old Carlos Quinto and another barber 32-year-old Javier Villarini.
A YouTube video shows both men bring arrested Thursday and charged with sexually abusing a 16-year-old boy.
They are serious allegations the only barber left working in the shop tonight would not address.
The abuse allegedly happened in September.
Police say Villarini lured the 16-year-old Jewish boy into the barbershop with the promise of letting him watch pornography on his cellphone.
Police say at some point, Villarini and Carlos Quinto took turns touching the teen inappropriately.
The abuse went unreported for so long because investigators say the boy's parents were reluctant to call the police, but eventually they were convinced it was the right thing to do.
Carlos Quinto was arraigned Thursday and released with no bail set despite the seriousness of the charges.
Javier Villarini was arraigned Friday and his bail was set at $5,000 over $2,500.
Meanwhile, detectives believe there could be more teens out there that had similar abusive experience at the barbershop.
Detectives are specifically asking the Jewish community in this area for any information that may be related to their investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act