New York News
Good Samaritan stops attempted rape in Bushwick
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the suspect in an attempted rape in Brooklyn that was foiled by a Good Samaritan who decided to help.
It happened on Graham Avenue in Bushwick as the 27-year old victim was walking early Friday morning.
The suspect, police say, came up behind her, threw her to the ground and then hit her head against the pavement and attempted to rape her.
That is when the bystander intervened, and scared the suspect off. Police describe the attacker as being in his early 30's, between 5'8" and 6'0" tall, and about 170 pounds.
The victim was taken to Woodhull Hospital and treated for her injuries.
Police are asking anyone with information to call Crime-Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS>
nyc news, new york city news, brooklyn news, new york news, rape, bushwick, new york city, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos