New York News
Queens Boulevard crash in Elmhurst leaves 2 pedestrians dead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two pedestrians were killed when an apparently speeding out-of-control car struck them along Queens Boulevard in Elmhurst early Monday.
Police say the 22-year-old driver lost control of the 2014 Chevy Camaro while heading westbound on Queens Boulevard at Van Loon Street just before 7:30 a.m.
The Camaro crashed through a phone booth, a lamp post and into two parked vehicles.
The vehicle then jumped the curb and struck the pedestrians.
Authorities identified the victims as 59-year-old Manchip Cheng, whoe was pronounced dead at the scene, and 41-year-old Lin, who died at Elmhurst Hospital.
The driver of the vehicle was taken to Elmhurst Hospital and is in police custody.
He is from Queens and reportedly has open warrants.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, elmhurst, queens news, accident, new york news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 54 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 23 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
23 min ago