New York News
Little Italy rape: Person of interest caught on surveillance video
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police searching for the man who brutally raped a woman in front of her child in Little Italy have released new video showing a person of interest in connection with the case.
"I hope they get this creep as soon as possible," said Joe Sciddurlo, the victim's friend.
It's a feeling shared by many on Mulberry Street, where Tuesday detectives handed out a flyer, featuring a man they say raped a woman there.
They are also looking for another man, and want to talk with him about that same, brutal, brazen rape of a 42-year-old mother.
Eyewitness News had an exclusive look as police gathered evidence from the victim's bathroom window.
She told investigators that's how her attacker got into her third floor apartment.
He then raped her at knifepoint, as her 7-year-old daughter was right next to her, asleep in the same bed.
Joe Sciddurlo knows the victim, seen what this has done to the young woman,
"The look of fear, trauma, of someone who is in shock on her face, I almost started crying," Sciddurlo said.
Police say the rape unfolded around 3:30 Monday morning, the image of a man, was caught by a security camera walking away from the scene at 3:40.
The victim says after her attacker raped her, he left through the front door.
"I feel really insecure, I hope management does something to improve the safety," said Eugene Neduv, the victim's neighbor.
Tuesday the locks were changed.
On this stretch of Mulberry, many buildings have no security and have inner courtyards not visible from the street.
"It's a little bit of a maze, I think people go from roof to roof, jump around looking for mayhem," said Drew Allen, the victim's neighbor.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, rape, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97