New York News
Arrest made in violent Brooklyn gas station robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in connection with a violent robbery at a gas station convenience store in Brooklyn that was caught on camera.
The video shows the customer jump over the counter, rough up the clerk and threaten to do much worse.
The incident happened around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at a BP gas station on Flushing Avenue in the Bushwick section.
Early Tuesday, police announced that 32-year-old Evan Sheedy, of Brooklyn, has been arrested and charged with third-degree robbery.
The location has 15 cameras inside and outside the store, and customers can see themselves on a monitor the moment they walk through the front door. It would seem that would be a deterrent to crime, but that wasn't the case in this robbery.
The suspect approached the counter with a six-pack of beer, hopped over the counter and forced the terrified clerk to open the register at knifepoint.
"Crazy man, looked like he's crazy," said the clerk, who was alone at the time. "I say, 'Easy man, what do you want?' He said, 'Open the register. Otherwise I kill you! I kill you!' He pushed me and hit me in my arms and come over and open the register. He's hyper. He's very crazy. He said, 'I kill you! I kill you!'"
He fled the scene with an undetermined amount of cash.
The clerk was not injured.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bushwick, brooklyn news, robbery, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
50 min ago