New York News
Bronx man mugged in apartment building; Sketch released
BRONX (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are looking for a violent mugger who attacked a man in his 60s, and they have released a sketch of the suspect.
The incident happened just before 9 p.m. on October 18 in the vicinity of Wallace and Lydig avenues in the Bronxdale section.
Authorities say the suspect followed the 65-year-old victim into an elevator inside his apartment building.
He allegedly waited until the victim exited the elevator of the sixth floor, then punched him from behind, knocked him to the ground and removed his wallet containing an undetermined amount of cash before fleeing down a staircase.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with a laceration to his head.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his early to mid 20s. He is approximately 6-feet tall and was last seen wearing a red hooded sweatshirt, dark pants and red and black sneakers.
Anyone with information with regard to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronxdale, bronx news, mugging, robbery, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
30 min ago