New York News
Bronx apartment search nets AK-47, 3 suspects
BRONX (WABC) -- Three people are under arrest and facing gun charges after police found an AK-47 inside their Bronx apartment Wednesday.
Officers working on a tip obtained a warrant to search the Forest Avenue home in the Morrisania section.
The assault rifle was recovered inside of an unlocked closet covered by a blue T-shirt.
Police also recovered 62 rounds of ammunition from the inside of a plastic case located next to a couch.
The three suspects, identified as 27-year-old Steven Walker, 23-year-old Victoria Velez and 24-year-old Emmanuel Rosado, were arrested and charged with four counts each of criminal possession of a weapon.
All three suspects lived at the address.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, morrisania, gun, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 58 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident