New York News
Brooklyn robbery sparks search for 5 young adults
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are trying to find five young adults wanted in connection with an armed robbery in Brooklyn, and they are hoping a series of surveillance images will lead to arrests.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. on Tuesday, November 5, on Pulaski Street and Tompkins Avenue in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section.
Authorities say a 26-year-old woman was walking down the street when two of the suspects approached her from behind and displayed a firearm.
The victim was forced to lay facedown on the ground, while the suspects stole her purse and iPhone before fleeing the scene.
The victim did not request medical attention as a result of this incident.
The individuals wanted for questioning were observed following the victim prior to the incident and running from the scene afterward.
Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, bedford-stuyvesant, robbery, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 26 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win