New York News
Brooklyn robbery sparks search for 5 young adults
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are trying to find five young adults wanted in connection with an armed robbery in Brooklyn, and they are hoping a series of surveillance images will lead to arrests.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. on Tuesday, November 5, on Pulaski Street and Tompkins Avenue in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section.
Authorities say a 26-year-old woman was walking down the street when two of the suspects approached her from behind and displayed a firearm.
The victim was forced to lay facedown on the ground, while the suspects stole her purse and iPhone before fleeing the scene.
The victim did not request medical attention as a result of this incident.
The individuals wanted for questioning were observed following the victim prior to the incident and running from the scene afterward.
Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, bedford-stuyvesant, robbery, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 58 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 3 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014