New York News
Staten Island house fire leaves woman dead
WILLOWBROOK (WABC) -- Police say there appears to be no criminal involvement in a deadly fire on Staten Island.
The fire started just after 6 p.m. Saturday at a home on Hawthorne Street in the Willowbrook section.
Firefighters had the flames under control very quickly.
The victim, a 61-year old woman, was pronounced dead at the scene. Her identity has not yet been released.
The investigation continues into the cause of the fire.
nyc news, new york city news, staten island, staten island news, fire, fire death, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster 51 min ago
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 31 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 28 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 6 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital