New York News
Brooklyn baby left on street; Mother charged
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A mother was charged with abandoning her infant son on a Brooklyn street last night.
21 year old Alevtyna Savchuk was charged with acting in a manner injurious to a child.
Police say Savchuk left her fully clothed, one-month-old son in a stroller on East Ninth Street and Avenue V in Sheepshead Bay around 11:30 p.m.
A caller notified 911 after finding the stroller between two parked cars.
Savchuk was found at Coney Island Hospital, where she was being treated for intoxication, according to police.
The baby was treated at the hospital before being released to the Administration for Children's Services.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos