New York News
Brooklyn police involved shooting leaves one dead
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- One man has been fatally shot in a police involved shooting in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn.
Police say 22-year-old Rexford Dasrath, armed with a knife, threw a bottle at police officers as they drove up to a harassment call on Hart Avenue at about 3 p.m. on Monday.
According to police, Dasrath started banging on the windows of their patrol car. The officers got out of their police cruiser, and he ran at them with the knife, police say.
Neighbors said they heard officers telling him to drop the knife.
One officer fired on the suspect, striking him in the chest. Police say at least five shots were fired, and Dasrath was hit several times.
Dasrath, was pronounced dead at Woodhull Hospital. Authorities say he lived in the neighborhood.
The officers were not hurt, nor were any bystanders.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 30 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 22 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 56 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos