New York News
Brooklyn police involved shooting leaves one dead
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- One man has been fatally shot in a police involved shooting in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn.
Police say 22-year-old Rexford Dasrath, armed with a knife, threw a bottle at police officers as they drove up to a harassment call on Hart Avenue at about 3 p.m. on Monday.
According to police, Dasrath started banging on the windows of their patrol car. The officers got out of their police cruiser, and he ran at them with the knife, police say.
Neighbors said they heard officers telling him to drop the knife.
One officer fired on the suspect, striking him in the chest. Police say at least five shots were fired, and Dasrath was hit several times.
Dasrath, was pronounced dead at Woodhull Hospital. Authorities say he lived in the neighborhood.
The officers were not hurt, nor were any bystanders.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos