New York News
Bronx point-blank shooting caught on video; 1 sought
EDENWALD (WABC) -- A wild point-blank shooting was caught on camera in the Bronx, and somehow everyone involved survived the incident.
The shooting happened just after 8 p.m. Saturday on Laconia Avenue in the Edenwald section, just two blocks away from the 47th Police Precinct.
The video shows the gunman walking up directly behind the 27-year-old victim and opening fire multiple times, attempting to shoot him in the back and also firing shots at a man standing nearby.
The wounded man, who was shot in the chest, was taken to Jacobi Hospital in stable condition, but police say he is not cooperating. Authorities say he apparently knew the shooter, and that the incident appears to be part of an ongoing dispute.
What makes the shooting even more troubling is that the video shows two small children running terrified from the scene after the gunfire rings out. One of them was eventually carried off by an adult.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and red sneakers.
Anyone with information in regards to the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, wakefield, shooting, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97