New York News
Bronx point-blank shooting caught on video; 1 sought
EDENWALD (WABC) -- A wild point-blank shooting was caught on camera in the Bronx, and somehow everyone involved survived the incident.
The shooting happened just after 8 p.m. Saturday on Laconia Avenue in the Edenwald section, just two blocks away from the 47th Police Precinct.
The video shows the gunman walking up directly behind the 27-year-old victim and opening fire multiple times, attempting to shoot him in the back and also firing shots at a man standing nearby.
The wounded man, who was shot in the chest, was taken to Jacobi Hospital in stable condition, but police say he is not cooperating. Authorities say he apparently knew the shooter, and that the incident appears to be part of an ongoing dispute.
What makes the shooting even more troubling is that the video shows two small children running terrified from the scene after the gunfire rings out. One of them was eventually carried off by an adult.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and red sneakers.
Anyone with information in regards to the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, wakefield, shooting, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash