New York News
Sketch released of Brooklyn sex assault suspect
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a man who beat, robbed, and sexually assaulted a young woman.
It happened on Saturday at midnight in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section.
The 20-year-old woman was walking near Madison Street and Patchen Avenue, when the suspect approached her from behind, dragged her into Reinaldo Salgado Park, threw her to the ground, punched her repeatedly and stole approximately $60 from her.
The suspect then pushed the victim against a fence and sexually assaulted her before leaving.
The victim was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as 5'9", medium build, with light hazel eyes, and a medium skin tone. He was last seen wearing blue sweat pants and a dark hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, sexual assault, robbery, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn news, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 41 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014