New York News
Manhattan subway station robbery suspect arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn arrested a man early Thursday believed to be behind a string of armed robberies in New York City subway stations.
Eric Gay, 43, is believed to be responsible for at least five robberies and is being questioned in a total of eight incidents, all but one on the subway, between November 17 and November 20.
The break apparently came after one victim was robbed on the F train at the Avenue U station in Sheepshead Bay.
Detectives responded and used the Google app on the victim's phone, then canvassing the area with the victim. They reportedly spotted the suspect, and the victim confirmed his identity.
Police took Gay into custody.
Detectives found a MetroCard that belonged to one of the other victims in his possession. Authorities say he simulated a firearm during the robberies and asked for money and phones.
None of the victims actually saw a weapon.
Police also had video of the suspect, who struck in the West and East Villages of Manhattan and Fort Greene in Brooklyn.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, subway crime, robbery, east village, west village, fort greene, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 57 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 6 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 58 min ago
- First lawsuit filed in East Harlem explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Stolen ruby slippers returned to Staten Island hotel 6 min ago
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
57 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
58 min ago