New York News
Victim beaten by driver of ATV
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A victim is speaking out for the first time after being brutally beaten by a driver of an ATV on Staten Island.
That driver is wanted by cops for savagely attacked the 62-year-old victim and breaking his ribs.
The woman who captured video of the suspect is also talking exclusively to Eyewitness News.
"I hope they catch these thugs. That's what they are, they're thugs," the victim said.
The 62-year-old victim was willing to tell his story but asked that Eyewitness News not show his face.
Sunday, he noticed a group of men on ATVs speeding through Tottenville's conference house park.
And because he works there, he told them to get lost.
But instead of leaving, he says a man beat him up with help from his friends.
"I'm OK. I'm hanging in there. I have four cracked ribs, a bunch of bruises, a dislocated shoulder, but otherwise I'm going on," the victim said.
"He didn't want the property because there were children people with strollers. It's dangerous, they're going in and out he wanted to protect the people in the park," said Shiela Choukrane, a witness.
Shiela Choukrene saw the attack and used her camera to take photos of the suspects, capturing one man charging at the victim, and then laying him flat out on the ground.
"They go up and down the beach. They don't care. Something has to be done," Choukrene.
By law, all-terrain vehicles are not allowed on city streets or in public parks.
Residents in Tottenville say this has been a problem for a good while.
"They're criminals on bikes and I hope the cops catch them before I do," a resident said.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island news, tottenville, new york news, carolina leid
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 21 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 14 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act