New York News
Bruckner Expressway accident leaves 1 dead, 3 injured
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One person was killed and three others injured Sunday morning when a car crashed into a vehicle that had been disabled along the Bruckner Expressway in the Bronx.
At about 6:30 a.m., the disabled car, a 1996 Toyota Camry, had pulled into the right lane of the Bruckner southbound near 138th Street.
As two men got out to examine the car and were standing in front of it, it was hit in the rear end by another vehicle, a Honda Insight, and the men were struck by the Camry.
The impact catapulted one of them over the guardrail and onto the street level below where he was pronounced dead. He has been identified as 47-year old Abubakar Saleh of Brooklyn.
The second man, age 22, suffered severe head trauma and was taken to Jacobi Hospital in critical condition.
A third passenger in the Camry and the driver of the Honda are in stable condition with minor injuries.
Police say no one has been charged, but the accident is still under investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, bronx news, accident, new york city, new york news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 36 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos