New York News
Sewage pours into Bronx apartments
MOTT HAVEN (WABC) -- Some public housing tenants in the Bronx were up in arms on Sunday and are demanding that something be done.
Their initial concern was a lack of heat on an extremely cold night, but things went from bad to worse when sewage began leaking up into some apartments.
Inside Apartment 1A in the Mott Haven Houses, the floors have buckled. In fact, everything touching the floors have been ruined after sewage started pouring in from the pipes and ceiling.
NYCHA tells Eyewitness News that there is no problem with the heating and they are working to clear the stoppage in the pipes.
However, residents want to know who is responsible for cleaning up all the contamination and for replacing all they will have to throw out.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, lucy yang
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act