New York News
Staten Island fire rages through condo complex
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A two-alarm fire burned through a condo complex in the Grasmere section of Staten Island.
The fire broke out inside the condo on Gateway Drive just after 1:30 p.m. on Monday.
"It was shooting about 15 feet in the air, it was intense," said Doninik Priore.
It took more than three hours to get the flames under control in in the condos in the Stone Gate at Grasmere Complex.
"Flames shooting out of the top and bottom, the second floor collapsed," said William Kessler, a resident.
Two units had collapsed and a third is destroyed.
Newscopter 7 was over the scene and you could see the flames and smoke spreading.
The victims stayed on scene, sadly to see everything they own go up in flames at the beginning of the holiday season.
"We have no injuries, originally we had reports of people missing, but we have accounted for all the victims on the scene," said Asst. Deputy Chief James Lonard, FDNY.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act