New York News
2 women struck and killed on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two women were killed after they were struck by a van in the Willowbrook section of Staten Island.
The victims, 47-year-old Marion Anderson and 59-year-old Lizette Sorrano, were struck on Forest Hill Road near Pilcher Street at around 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
The accident happened just outside the entrance to the Staten Island Developmental Disabilities Services Office, where the women were coworkers.
The vehicle that hit them, a mini-van, remained at the scene. Police say no criminality is suspected in the accident.
The victims were taken to Staten Island University Hospital in Ocean Breeze where they were pronounced dead.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 58 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 59 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 17 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
55 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
58 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos