New York News
2 women struck and killed on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two women were killed after they were struck by a van in the Willowbrook section of Staten Island.
The victims, 47-year-old Marion Anderson and 59-year-old Lizette Sorrano, were struck on Forest Hill Road near Pilcher Street at around 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
The accident happened just outside the entrance to the Staten Island Developmental Disabilities Services Office, where the women were coworkers.
The vehicle that hit them, a mini-van, remained at the scene. Police say no criminality is suspected in the accident.
The victims were taken to Staten Island University Hospital in Ocean Breeze where they were pronounced dead.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, staten island, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Woman charged in fatal hit-and-run in Stamford
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos