New York News
Teenage mother using ATM in Kips Bay beaten
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenage mother was using an ATM in Manhattan when she was suddenly attacked.
She wasn't robbed, just beaten.
It happened in the Kips Bay section.
The victim was using the ATM when she heard someone come in, but wasn't really worried that is until he refused to let her leave.
"He would have probably killed me. thank god he didn't," said Elise Azcui, beating victim.
Elise Azcui says all she could think about was her 3-month-old baby boy as the man pounded at her face, leaving her bloody and bruised.
"He punched me in the face a couple of times. I got a black eye," Azcui said.
The 19-year-old was making a deposit at the TD Bank at 31st and 2nd in Kips Bay a little over two weeks ago.
It was around 9:30 that Monday night.
She says the homeless man who attacked her was obviously emotionally disturbed.
He beat her for no apparent reason and never said a word.
"He didn't rob me or anything, he just punched me. I was screaming and he just left. I guess he got scared away," Azcui said, "I was scared it could have been worse. Nobody helped me. When I left the bank, that's when somebody came to help me. He could have kept on."
The restaurant hostess suffered minor injuries.
Police released photos of the suspect hoping to catch him before he strikes again. This Inwood mother says if he did it to her, there's no telling who will be his next random victim.
"I'm paranoid, and scared, and I don't want people near me. It could happen to anybody," Azcui said.
Police say the suspect took off running north on 2nd Avenue.
He's described as a white man in his 40s with a beard.
He was wearing a black sweatshirt gray jeans, black cap, and black sneakers.
If you see him, you're asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, manhattan news, kips bay, assault, new york news, carolina leid
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 51 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos