New York News
Bowery Mission feeding thousands of hungry New Yorkers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- On Thanksgiving, thousands of homeless and the working poor were served Thanksgiving dinner by the formerly homeless.
Beverly Franklin knows what it is like, because she has been there.
"Because it's where I came from - homelessness," says Franklin.
Delon Ali spent the past week helping spent the past week helping to prepare today's meals learning along the way that it's better to give than to receive.
Thanksgiving at the Bowery Mission has become a holiday tradition that more and more people cannot do without. Administrators say the need is growing every year.
For many, accepting charity is not easy, but smiling volunteers and warm meals make it a lot more difficult to say no.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos