New York News
Fire breaks out on Manhattan's Restaurant Row
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An eatery on Manhattan's famed 'Restaurant Row' has been shut down after catching fire Friday night.
Flames broke out inside the kitchen of Barbetta Restaurant at 321 West 46th Street, when it was peak capacity.
The grease fire spread to the vents in the walls and ceilings, forcing diners to leave.
It took more than 100 firefighters over a hour to extinguish the blaze.
The damage to the kitchen will force the restaurant to stay closed for at least a few days.
The elegantly decorated eatery bills itself as the oldest Italian restaurant in New York City.
The restaurant's famous diners include former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Barbetta was founded in 1906 by owner Laura Maioglio's father, Sebastiano Maioglio.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, fire, restaurant, new york city, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination