New York News
Fire breaks out on Manhattan's Restaurant Row
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An eatery on Manhattan's famed 'Restaurant Row' has been shut down after catching fire Friday night.
Flames broke out inside the kitchen of Barbetta Restaurant at 321 West 46th Street, when it was peak capacity.
The grease fire spread to the vents in the walls and ceilings, forcing diners to leave.
It took more than 100 firefighters over a hour to extinguish the blaze.
The damage to the kitchen will force the restaurant to stay closed for at least a few days.
The elegantly decorated eatery bills itself as the oldest Italian restaurant in New York City.
The restaurant's famous diners include former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Barbetta was founded in 1906 by owner Laura Maioglio's father, Sebastiano Maioglio.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, fire, restaurant, new york city, new york news
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 12 min ago
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings
38 min ago