New York News
Howard Beach accident leaves 1 dead; 1 arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens man is under arrest in connection with a deadly accident early Saturday morning in Howard Beach.
Two cars collided at the intersection of 159th Avenue and 98th Street, sending one of the vehicles onto the lawn of a nearby house.
Police determined that a 2006 Ford sedan being driven by 23-year old James Celauro was traveling southbound on 98th Street, entered the intersection, and struck a 2001 Saturn driven by 38-year old Jimmy Sinisi of Queens.
Sinisi suffered severe body trauma and was pronounced dead at Jamaica Hospital.
Celauro was arrested later Saturday on charges of drunken driving and vehicular manslaughter.
He is listed in stable condition at Jamaica Hospital.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, howard beach, queens news, new york city, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 32 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 32 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 3 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital 52 min ago
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych...
52 min ago