New York News
Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a scare for tourists in Times Square after a fire broke out in their hotel.
The fire started just before 8 p.m. Tuesday in a stairwell on the second floor of the Marriott Marquis on Broadway.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames and had the fire out within an hour.
20 units and 78 firefighters responded to the fire in the 58-story high rise.
The hotel was not evacuated.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, times square, fire, hotel, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 50 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 51 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 17 min ago
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Family loses two in East Harlem explosion
12 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from...
17 min ago