New York News
Santacon hits Manhattan amid efforts to control behavior
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Santa Claus came to town despite snow and widespread criticism of the costumed pub crawl known as SantaCon.
New York City's SantaCon started Saturday morning in Tompkins Square Park in the East Village. Thousands of red-suited revelers then spread out through the city's bars and snowy streets.
This year's SantaCon took place amid criticism that the event has become too rowdy.
Metro-North said it would ban alcohol on its trains from noon Saturday to noon Sunday as a precaution.
SantaCon participants were told to make charitable donations and encouraged to bring small gifts to bestow on one another and passers-by.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest 16 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to...
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos