New York News
Manhattan woman sexually assaulted by man returning wallet
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman who forgot her wallet at McDonald's became the victim of a sexual predator in Manhattan early Monday morning, investigators said.
According to investigators, the victim, a 21 year old woman, was out with a friend for much of the night. They ordered food at the McDonald's at 401 Park Ave South, at East 28th Street, and the woman then walked home.
Shortly after arriving at around 1:50 a.m., a man knocked on her door and said, "I have your wallet." The woman checked her bag and realized that she did not have her wallet, and likely left it at the McDonalds.
When the woman returned to her door to ask for the wallet and express her gratitude, authorities say the man pushed his way in and tried to rape her. She screamed. He fled. Now the search is on.
She was treated at Bellevue Hospital and released.
Police described the suspect as a black man in his 30s, 6'3" tall, 210 pounds, wearing a blue leather jacket and a blue hat with flaps and gloves.
It is unclear if he followed her home or went to the address on her identification.
The victim was not physically injured, but officials believe the would-be rapist still has her wallet, which leaves her very vulnerable.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, manhattan news, sexual assault, new york news, lucy yang
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 51 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
24 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos