New York News
Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- At least 32 cars were involved in a crash Tuesday night along a stretch of the Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn.
Authorities say eight people suffered minor injuries in the chain-reaction pile-up around 8:20 p.m. near Sixth Avenue in Bay Ridge.
Officials did not say what triggered the accident, but icy road conditions were believed to be a factor.
The last car at the scene, a heavily-damaged BMW, was towed away around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Most drivers were struck in the front and back of their vehicles, caught in the middle of all the other cars.
The roadway was shut down for hours, but has since reopened. Still, drivers are urged to use caution in case icy conditions persist.
The Department of Sanitation is working to salt the highway.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, bay ridge, accident, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company 50 min ago
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 22 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon 31 min ago
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
58 min ago