New York News
Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- At least 32 cars were involved in a crash Tuesday night along a stretch of the Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn.
Authorities say eight people suffered minor injuries in the chain-reaction pile-up around 8:20 p.m. near Sixth Avenue in Bay Ridge.
Officials did not say what triggered the accident, but icy road conditions were believed to be a factor.
The last car at the scene, a heavily-damaged BMW, was towed away around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Most drivers were struck in the front and back of their vehicles, caught in the middle of all the other cars.
The roadway was shut down for hours, but has since reopened. Still, drivers are urged to use caution in case icy conditions persist.
The Department of Sanitation is working to salt the highway.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, brooklyn news, bay ridge, accident, new york news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 6 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 55 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
51 min ago