New York News
Video: Queens robber squirts check-cashing clerk with lighter fluid
ELMHURST (WABC) -- Police in Queens are looking for a man who sprayed a check-cashing clerk with lighter fluid before robbing him last Sunday.
The entire incident was caught on surveillance video, which authorities are hoping will lead to an arrest.
It happened around 2:30 a.m. At ATN Financial Services on Corona Avenue in Elmhurst.
Police say the suspect squirted lighter fluid throughout the location, displayed a lighter and demanded cash.
The employee complied, and the suspect fled with cash.
No injuries were reported.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, elmhurst, robbery, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 22 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 28 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
46 min ago