New York News
Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
BRONX (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who has robbed two cell phone stores, one twice, at gunpoint in the Bronx, and they're hoping surveillance photos will lead to an arrest.
They incidents happened between November 24 and December 8 on Webster Avenue in the Claremont section.
The stores are just down the block from each other.
Police say after threatening workers with a gun, the suspect made off with about $6,500.
The targeted stores were a MA Webster Inc., which is a Boost Mobile store, and the Simple Mobile store. In one of the robberies, the suspect punched the store clerk in the face, giving the victim a swollen lip.
The suspect is described as a 25-year-old black male who is approximately 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall and weighs about 185 pounds.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, robbery, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 40 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos