New York News
4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Four children have been linked to at least three incidents originally described as possible "knockout" attacks in Brooklyn.
The four are being treated as juveniles. A 14-year-old girl was charged with harassment in family court.
Three other children, ages 10 and 11, were also picked up by detectives.
Most of the incidents involved shoving and general harassment of Jewish youths.
All the incidents occurred in October and November. One involved an 11-year-old boy who was punched or shoved.
The incidents in Borough Park and Crown Heights were investigated by the NYPD's Hate Crimes Unit, but determined not to be bias in nature.
The children were located recently by detectives as part of the ongoing investigation.
Detectives used school safety officers who had longstanding relationships with students to help locate the youths involved.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos